Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Feel Better with Rose Builder Stencil

Hi Everybody,

I love stencils and now there are so many fun products that can be used with them.  I usually make backgrounds with my stencils and then add other items to it.  On today's card, the stencil I used is called Rose Builder by My Favorite Things and the background I made is essentially the card itself as well.  It doesn't need anything else except a sentiment.






I love this stencil!  I used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Pink Flambe' and Citrus Green, both very beautiful colors.  I spread it over the stencil with a palette knife while the stencil was taped down and then let it dry.  You just have to be very careful if you are using multiple colors.  My colors 'touched' in a couple places but that's okay.  I'm trying to learn not to try so hard to make everything perfect.  I think I'm finally learning this because I don't have time to go back and re-do everything like I used to lol. 

I added a sentiment to a stitched fishtail banner from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps called Cocoa's Get Well Wishes.  This is an adorable get well/feel better stamp set.  It seems hard to find these. Gina K Designs Black Onyx card stock is my favorite black card stock and Brutus Monroe's Alabaster Embossing Powder gave me the perfect result.  I do love Brutus Monroe Embossing Ink and Powders.  I finished it off by adding dew drops from The Ton Stamps adhering with Stampin' Up Glue (with the needle tip). 

Did I inspire you to get out your stencils and use a medium with them such as the Nuvo Mousse, embossing paste, or transfer gel?  

I am also sharing a card I made a couple years ago using this stencil and sponging inks. What a beautiful, soft look.  It's exactly what I wanted for this sympathy card. Here's a link for this card.




I also made this card with blue colors.  Here's a link for this card.



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both versions using the stencil are beautiful! I really like the soft look of the sympathy cards though!