Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Bunny With Daffodil

Hi Everybody,

I made a whopping two Easter cards this year!  Now I'll start on Mother's Day which is a great 'excuse' to watercolor beautiful floral stamps.

So... here's an update on my surgery... I received a call from the doctor's office a week before surgery saying that my insurance was not in network with the hospital that the surgeon works at.  Whaaaat? Needless to say I was a mad mess!  I had to start all over with a new surgeon!  It seems to be working out so maybe that was a blessing in disguise.  My knee surgery will be week of April 9th.  What's my point??  I need to make as many cards as I can this next week. :) 

I just love the Whimsy stamp I used on this card.  it is called Bunny with Daffodil.  I envisioned using it on Spring cards and all occasion such as birthday, hello, etc., but then it called out to me to be an Easter card for someone. 







Here I'm showing the dimension of the card layers.  I love using fun foam or foam tape as I did here.  I cut this top layer shorter than I normally do because I wanted to flower to hang off the side. 







I used Deco Foil Transfer Gel with a Tim Holtz stencil called Rays and then foiled with Gold Deco Foil from Thermoweb with the Mini Minc machine.   

I made a video on using Transfer Gel and HERE is the link and I made 
a video on adding Foil to the Transfer Gel and HERE is the link.  I am a newbie video maker and these are for beginners. 

Next I colored this stamp with Copic Markers and fussy cut it out using Cutter B Scissors (and readers of course).  I used a grass die from Lawn Fawn since when I fussy cut, the bunny had grass on his feet so I needed to hide that a little. I used Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen over the flower petals and insides of bunny ears and nose.  I also cut down the sides of some of the petals so that I could bend them to look a little more realistic.  

I used Nuvo White Drops on the tail of the bunny and Clear Nuvo Drops over the lady bug and over the gold foiled word die, Believe. I wanted to give some dimension. I think when you use clear drops over foil, it gives it somewhat of an acrylic look.  I added Black Nuvo Drops to the dots on the ladybug as well.  

I hope you have a Happy Easter!  Let's get a head start on our next cards shall we?  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina


1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute bunny. Your card is delightful.