Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Dashing Poinsettias

Hi Everybody,

I want to share one more Christmas card that I made this year.  I love making this card.  I followed a video by Theresa Momber, an Illustrator for Gina K Designs.  The stamp set I used is called Dashing.  This stamp set is one of my favorites because I can make feminine and masculine cards with it.  Here's a link to the video. 

I just followed the video using the color inks she said to use.  The background stamp is called Music Background.  On the gold embossed card, I stamped it slightly darker, lighter on the other one.





I think I like the gold embossed one better.  I used colors that are more peachy, coral on this one and it looks good with the gold.  I just did a quick Copic coloring job on both but it seems like the gold embossing can make the coloring look better. :)

Which do you like?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

6 comments:

judy cook said...

Hi Regina, beautiful card! is the stamp one of Gina K Designs?
Or is it Theresa Momber?

Regina Cooper said...

Hi Judy, it's Illustrated by Theresa Momber who is a designer on the Gina K team. You can buy the stamp set from Gina K Designs. I put a link up there I believe to the stamp set, store and video to make this card. I love it because of the layers of ink and beautiful colors. :)

Judy Inukai said...

They are both so pretty, it would be hard to choose. The music stamp makes a great background. The coloring is wonderful on the poinsettias. The gold embossing really does show look great with the peachy shades.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I really like the first one best!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well I love both renditions! And, I shall have to remember to use my music background more often too now. This is inspiring the way you made these beautiful cards.

judy cook said...

Thanks Regina I did find the stamp :)